The operation of the device is based on the operation of a system of pumps and chambers and an interface for the presentation of tactile stimuli, from which the moving needles slide out and hide. During the examination, the finger skin of the patient is irritated by dull needles, which activates the sensory area of the brain responsible for contact and deep sensation.
Thanks to the text communication protocol, the tester is able to automatically change the configuration of the retractable needles.
- Possibility of working in a magnetic field.
- Tested on 1.5T and 3T scanners.
- Presentation of any character set on a 4×6 matrix (the matrix can be individually configured on customer’s request) or 4 Braille characters.
- Pneumatically controlled.
- Full synchronization with stimulus presentation programs.
The device consists of:
- Control device
- Pneumatic connection
- 230 V power supply
The device is certified for electrical safety and EMC.